Please consider pledging to the Capital Campaign. Your donation will help keep the church in good condition. This pledge will ensure that St. David's is a comfortable and safe place to be.
2020 Capital Campaign Pledge
In 2004, St. David’s began a 3 year Capital Campaign to raise approximately $300,000 to provide funding for an aggressive program of capital projects. Some of the significant accomplishments resulting from that campaign included paying off the mortgage on the Church, replacing the Church roof, complete painting of the interior of the Sanctuary, carpeting of the Sanctuary, repaving the upper and lower parking lots, installing cushions in the pews, replacing HVAC units, and many others over time.
A great deal has been accomplished in recent years from the continued support of the original campaign but the additional funding is needed to move forward with recommended projects.
Over the last year, the Finance Committee and Vestry have reviewed the needs of the Church for Capital Improvements that are now needed and recommended. Based on the reviews that have been done we recommend that the church embark on a new Capital Campaign to raise $100,000 to fund the remaining projects by the close of the Campaign in 2020.
SUMMARY OF 2018 Capital Projects
- New audio equipment installed in sanctuary.
- Removed over 20 trees to improve lighting in upper parking lot, remove potential risks to Church and Parish Hall buildings. Trimmed azalea bushes in front yard.
- Replaced one of the HVAC units for Parish Hall and part of unit in Choir Loft in Sanctuary.
- Completed electrical improvements, installed new locks, and miscellaneous other upgrades in response to Fire Marshall audit and recommendations.
- Restriped all parking lots and added additional handicapped parking spaces.
- Installed (by SCE&G) additional street lighting to improve nighttime visibility.
ACCOMPLISHED IN 2019
- Paint Projects – Painted Parish Hall Upstairs and Downstairs including all hallways and classrooms.
- Replaced HVAC units – 2 units serving the Parish Hall.
- Landscaping – Installed new sod in front yard of Church grounds, and in areas near side entrance.
- Courtyard Improvements – Completed grading of courtyard area and installed concrete pad.
- Church Website Improved.
- Parking Lot Improvements were begun.
- Parish Hall Audio Visual Equipment was upgraded and improved.
PROPOSED FOR 2020
- Playground Safety Upgrades – Remove existing playground equipment, regrade playground area, instill playground suitable mulch and install new playground equipment.
- Courtyard Renovation Completion
- Improve the Heating and AC in the Conference Room.
- Upgrade the Phone and Network System.
- Sound System Enhancements – Additional enhancements proposed for sanctuary sound system to include equipment to improve the ability to record worship services and make them available via internet streaming.
- Parking Lot Improvements – Repair and reseal the upper and lower Church parking lots.
- Painting – Repainting of Church Sanctuary.
- Entrance Lighting and Identification – Conduct further review of improvements needed for better lighting at Polo Road entrances and obtain proposals for new Church entrance signage.
- Other Projects – Other projects as may be determined. The Stewardship and Finance committee and Vestry invite the input of all Church members on other needs they recommend for our review.
As you consider your part in making a commitment to the Capital Campaign please pray for guidance in reaching a decision that will be right for you and for the needs of the Church. St. David's is our legacy. Please click the button below to fill out a form for the 2020 Capital Campaign.