2020 Capital Campaign Pledge
St. David’s began a 3 year Capital Campaign to raise approximately $300,000 to provide funding for an aggressive program of capital projects. Some of the significant accomplishments resulting from that campaign included paying off the mortgage on the Church, replacing the Church roof, complete painting of the interior of the Sanctuary, carpeting of the Sanctuary, repaving the upper and lower parking lots, installing cushions in the pews, replacing HVAC units, and many others over time. A great deal was accomplished during the years of the original campaign. Please see below.
After a review by the Vestry in 2018, additional needs were identified and a new campaign began. That campaign was due to end December, 2020. Bryan Rurey, our Choir Director, in consultation with the company that installed and maintains the organ, informed the Vestry that it is in need of significant repairs.
For this reason, we are extending the campaign until March, 2021.
SUMMARY OF 2018 Capital Projects
- New audio equipment installed in sanctuary.
- Removed over 20 trees to improve lighting in upper parking lot, remove potential risks to Church and Parish Hall buildings. Trimmed azalea bushes in front yard.
- Replaced one of the HVAC units for Parish Hall and part of unit in Choir Loft in Sanctuary.
- Completed electrical improvements, installed new locks, and miscellaneous other upgrades in response to Fire Marshall audit and recommendations.
- Restriped all parking lots and added additional handicapped parking spaces.
- Installed (by SCE&G) additional street lighting to improve nighttime visibility.
ACCOMPLISHED IN 2019
- Paint Projects – Painted Parish Hall Upstairs and Downstairs including all hallways and classrooms.
- Replaced HVAC units – 2 units serving the Parish Hall.
- Landscaping – Installed new sod in front yard of Church grounds, and in areas near side entrance.
- Courtyard Improvements – Completed grading of courtyard area and installed concrete pad.
- Church Website Improved.
- Parking Lot Improvements
- Parish Hall Audio Visual Equipment was upgraded and improved.
ACCOMPLISHED IN 2020
- Sound System Enhancements – To record worship services and make them available via internet streaming.
- Painting – Church Sanctuary and Narthex
- Courtyard Renovation Completion (Labryinth installation pending)
PROJECTS PENDING DUE TO COVID-19
- Organ Repair
- Playground Upgrades
- Heating and AC Upgrades - Conference Room.
- Phone and Network System Upgrades
- Entrance Lighting and Identification on Polo Road
- All Weather Overhang to Rector's Office Entrance
As you consider your part in making a commitment to the Capital Campaign please pray for guidance in reaching a decision that will be right for you and for the needs of the Church. St. David's is our legacy. Please click the button below to fill out a form for the 2020 Capital Campaign.